Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday, July 5, 2009







MTC WEEK #4

This week was pretty awesome! We had 11 of the 12 Apostles and President Monson here a few days ago. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see President Monson, though. Elder Hollnd spoke at a devotional on Friday. All I can says is...AMAZING!!!
In two weeks we have to start teaching in Russian. No English at all. I still don't really feel like I'm on my mission yet. Fake investigatores, fake food, 12 hours of sitting and I'm not in Ukraine... I can't wait to be in the mission field. The Elders in the other district are leaving for Russia and Ukraine this week, so we will be the "older" district finally. We might lose our teacher though (sad face). They want to have her teach a younger district. I think we can handle it... maybe. I've come to know and have a greater understanding of the gift of tongues. Jesus Christ is real and is always with us and helps us through anything if we have faith. How else would someone be able to speak Russian after 4 weeks? Anyway, my district is awesome. Soooo many different personalities and backgrounds. But we're all here for the exact same reason and have one purpose, and that is to bring people unto Christ. It's simple.

Oh ya, at the R.C. (Referral Center) we get to call people (real non-members) every Friday and teach them over the phone. Not all of them are too excited about it, but it pays off.

Keep sending letters and Dear Elders and I'll try to reply. I love you all.

Love, DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment