Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday, May 30, 2009




Saturday, May 30, 2009

FOUR DAYS TIL REPORTING TO THE MTC




First post... seeing how it works. Here is my first, and favorite, Bishop Ted Hawken. He has been like a dad to me. The other picture is my dad, Larry Bowman, and Stake President Garcia the night before I left for my mission. Oh, by the way, that's me in the chair being set apart as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.




If you asked me a couple of years ago what I thought I'd be doing at 19, I probably would have said playing in a band or skateboarding. Well... I guess that's not the case. I was so excited to find out (five flippin months ago!!!) that I was going to Kyiv, Ukraine. And for the people filling out your papers, waiting for "the call" and worried about being called to Boise or somewhere "lame" like that, it really doesn't matter. That is where the Lord wants and needs you. There is that one person waiting to hear the gospel and you might be the only person they'll listen to. Trust me, you'll feel an instant love for the people you'll be serving and there will be absolutely no doubt that it's where you're supposed to go. Sure, easy for someone going to Ukraine to say... ha ha.




I know without a doubt the truthfullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't deny the blessings it has brought to my life a well as my entire family. I'm so greatful for the support from the Mesa Ward, for the missionaries showing me what I'm getting myself into, for my amazing parents and their testimonies and love for the Lord, and for having friends like James and Chris to keep me on track. I love you all and I'll see you in two years.




Love, DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment